Cagbalete Island is a paradise located east of Quezon Province (in Luzon, north of the Philippines). Part of Mauban, Quezon, it rests along the waters of Lamon Bay and the Pacific Ocean. Though parts of the Island property has been privately owned, the water and place itself remains a rare jewel for a lot of locals living in the area.
Whats so good about Cagbalete?
- · It is home to a number of species of land animals and sea creatures
- · It is also the habitat of the coconut crab or “kuray” (the Cagbalete favorite), starfishes, “alimasag”, “umang”, etc., and a long time ago, the “pawikan” (giant sea turtle).
- · For divers and snorkeling-fanatics, underwater exploration is a treat with the diverse and colorful marine life that can be discovered beneath the rocks and corals.
- · The changing of tides is very evident in Cagbalete.
- During low tide, the waters can move as far back as 1 kilometer, leaving the shore dry and exposing all the rocks and corals that may be underneath.
(Sabi nga ni Sir Pao pde mo para mo daw nilakad ang megamall from bldg A – B..hehe)
- · Pine Trees are visible in the area but not as much as Anawangin in Zambales…This is the only place in Southern Part of Luzon where you can see “ Pine trees in the BEACH”
- · They also got a river connected in the sea at about few meters away from the camp site.
As per an article about Cagbalete:
“ You should see the stars from Cagbalete while lying on the sand in the darkness of the night and see just how big the universe is and how small we are. You should try falling asleep while the world sings your lullaby.”
How to go to Cagbalete?
03:00 – ETD Manila Bus going to Lucena
(sira daw ung bridge sa Sariaya so you need to be early)
06:00 – ETA take bus boing to Mauban
07:00 – ETD Mauban Port
Public transport leaves the Mauban port at 10am and then at 4pm (twice a day).
08:00 – ETA Cagbalete Island
08:00 – 09:00 – PALENGKE TIME
09:00 – ETD – TREK of 1.4 kilometers to reach the resort from the port of Cagbalete
10:00 – ETA – VillaCleofas , tent setup by the beach
11:00 – Prepae LUNCH
12:00 PM – 15:00 – LEISURE TIME
17:00 – SUNSET/PICTORIALS
18:00 – Prepare DINNER
20:00 – SOCIALS/DRINKING
23:00 – LIGHTS OFF (kunwari lng!!!!!)
6:00AM – WAKE UP CALL
7:00 – PREPARE BREAKFAST
8:00 –10:00 – SWIM/LEISURE/CHIKA
10:00 – Prepare LUNCH
13:00 – BREAK CAMP
14:00 – TREK BACK TO PORT
16:00 – LAST TRIP back to MAUBAN
17:00 – ETD Mauban
18:00 – ETA Lucena
21:00 – ETA Manila
**** BUDGET MAX OF 1500PHP per person (group of 5)
· If low budget lang you can try to camp to set up your camp in the sea shore na lng.
· Bring foods , pde magluto or makiluto mas enjoy pag kau nagluto…hehe
· Don’t forget your camera’s, or you’ll miss the opportunity of shooting great photos in this place.
· Do not get any corals or simply oblige the rules of “ TAKE NOTHING BUT PICTURES”
· Do not leave any garbage in the area lalo nap o sa sea shore!!!!! “LEAVE NO TRACE”